Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Pretty Faith


How incredibly insignificant I feel in my life at moments
I plead to the God of my grandmother, Please hear me!
I plead to the God of my youth, Please hold me like you did!
God of my marriage, Where have I lost myself?
When will I feel your touch………?
What is it that I feel now? The ache that is turning over and over throughout my whole mind and heart.
We attach ourselves to a Holy Place and place a sign upon the Door, "No Intruders."
So I sit here now full and empty at the same time.
God of my existence, when is it when you will be the God of my lips again?
When will you make me believe? Whether I have been in your place all along, or I choose to turn and wind, I don’t want to be without the proof of your fingers around my wrist.
God don’t you see that I feel that I am fading and every memory is slipping past me so fast that it turns into a dream. Why can’t my words be enough, I thought they were your words, why can’t my words break power around us, aren’t we made up of words, anyway?
So, sitting here dying to understand why I am living, why am I trying so hard to feel. Broken dreams taunt me at every corner, and compliancy tries to appease my ache. I cannot live without my faith; my faith is the only thing that has blessed me. I can’t live without my strength, please heal my strength in this dying, cruel, and ungodly world. This can’t be, No it cannot be what you have intended for me…………………………………………………………………………………Or, is it exactly what you have intended Oh God of my future
Keep on singing Solomon

No comments: