Friday, January 11, 2008

THE HEARTLESS GOD

Lament


So,
i want to do a personal study through my blogger on Jeremiah. There is always controversy and there is always truth. So in my study i want to see if God is heartless. People blame God for everything that is not lined up with their own presuppositions, postmodern dogma, or perhaps everything that brings the heart to an ache. True desire for God is desire to understand Him, or rather the God i have chosen to serve. I am constantly doused with the cold water of postmodern thinking, I sometimes tremble that I am not leading the way to ever last. So much information and not enough brain. Humans are not any better than they were 100 years ago. I don't even think we are that much smarter. So, whatever right...I just wanted to study jeremiah.

This is what the Lord says:
The wise must not boast in his wisdom
the mighty must not boast in his might
the rich must not boast in his riches.
But the one who boasts should boast in this
that he understands and knows Me--
that I am the Lord
showing faithful love, justice, and righteousness on the earth, for I delight in these things.
This is the Lord's declaration.
jeremiah 9:23

Background on Jeremiah.........on another day
Peace

No comments: