Thursday, March 13, 2008

Passenger Seat


"i roll the window down
and then begin to breathe in
the darkest country road
and the strong scent of evergreen
from the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

then looking upwards
i strain my eyes and try
to tell the difference between shooting stars and satellites
from the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

"do they collide?"
i ask and you smile.
with my feet on the dash
the world doesn't matter.

when you feel embarrassed then i'll be your pride
when you need directions then i'll be the guide
for all time.
for all time."
Death Cab for Cutie lyrics


Being one in spirit and purpose
what is it that makes us so pathetic
what is it that says that we can't say how much we are sick inside.
what is it that makes me love something that is hard.
i am sick sometimes with unhappiness and sometimes i wish i had my commitment to understand my heart.
Don't say that
don't be that
don't be to christian
don't just believe
don't drink the koolaide
don't love just a man that much
believe in yourself
believe you can do it without him
you don't need him
you don't need anything but God
anything but is going to take the rest of my life from me
scream
scream
but only inside
your emotional
your own your period
those times are not real
give, give, give,give
love is not what i thought it would be
i didn't think
why is it that we cannot know but only believe with the ounce that is given to us
why is it that i can't look at His face anymore but i can't go to him that lays next to me.
fine, don't give me what i want-
don't try harder
for all time
for all time
is not that much time after all

No comments: