Saturday, November 17, 2007

"God sometimes you just don't come through"


I just wanted to mention the struggle of trying to defend the God that is seen as useless unless there is someone to blame. Rising up to unleash a poem or a song is only an unworthy attempt of defense. My minds sees God as helpless and misunderstood. My mind feels sorrow for all the blame that is still thrust upon Him and His ways. I know that the only way I can accurately defend the God is to live as if I have one and stop my voice in the mass of voices of blame. This was inspired by Tori Amos's song entitled "God."

“God sometimes you don’t come through”
Linger the words that are following You
Teetering to and back and around again
Maybe You should say, “To Hell with Them”

Pious beings of speculation and direct avenues
“God sometimes you just don’t come through”
What is in Your head as you are passing through?
Seeking just one that may not blame You

Literary devices and gaping holes of mythology
Times past of given words and foretold doctrine
Glimpse the heart that carries You
“God sometimes you just don’t come through”

Boast! Boast and boast some more!
Doesn’t matter we will only blame You for the silence in the aftermath of the burn.
“Not the lest of these little ones need to suffer”
Does it matter anymore?

“God sometimes you just don’t come through”
Are all the voices telling You?
Their screams are strong and feminine
Do you see past the blame and blame them too?

Sweeping through by Words, Spirit, and famine
“God sometimes we are killing You”
Hoping to believe in what delights You
Wanting more than to be sorry for blame.

Your child seeks to defend
Her God that is bleeding through
The wool she holds to hide You
“God sometimes I just don’t come through”
So in the moment she feels the hush of Your presence
The drawn look on The face of the Faceless
Though “Fragile Things” often time fall through
She believes in the cause that manifests You
To deliver a love that is more persistent
than a “cause” to delivery a banner, titled
“God sometimes you just don’t come through”

2 comments:

JavaMama said...

I LOVE YOU MY DEAR DEAR FRIEND! SO wish you would call me! I pray for you daily and hope we will be closer soon! Real soon.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Fragile Things said...

Bless you! Bless you, my true friend. Man, don't get my hopes up of being closer to you guys. But know it is always our dream to be back together again. thanks for reading my stuff. you need to hook me up with your blog friends. i want to write some better stuff, but when i get a chance it always seems to be something poetic or something. i love you and you will forever be my best friend. i will call soon